Password Protecting and Hiding Portfolios
ImpactFolios provides options that will hide portfolios from view, or require a password for access to certain visible portfolios.
- To password protect a portfolio, first log in to your ImpacFolios account.
- Next, click on the portfolio you wish to protect, found under the "Portfolio Management" section.
- Within the portfolio manager, at the top of the page, you will see a link for password protection. Click this link.
- Select the option to restrict access to the portfolio.
- You will need to supply a username and password of your choosing for this portfolio. The username and password will be the only means to access the protected portfolio.
- As an additional option, you can either display the portfolio in your portfolio listing (however it will still only be accessible via username and password), or hide the portfolio. Hiding the portfolio will make it only accessible by visitors that have the link to the portfolio, and the correct username and password for access.
The password protection area also has an option to invite people to view the portfolio. Invitations are sent out via email.
Once a visitor has logged in to view the portfolio, it can be accessed for a period of 24 hours. After 24 hours they will need to supply the username and password again.
Return to the Support Section